Wednesday, January 17, 2007

sweetness comes in many flavors. this is not one of them

Awright y'all! Let's get crackin' with the work now shall we? After the long MLK weekend, all of us animators arrived in to the lower level floor ready to set up our cubes and start working. Unfortunately, the planners of this move didn't take in to account just how picky us animators can be when it comes to setting up our personal work spaces (and silly them, they told us we could adjust our mix-and-match cubes any way we wanted to) Well, HAH I say! Tuesday was spent standing around and twiddling my thumbs waiting for the movers to do their thing. Today was spent unpacking for the first 30 minutes and then twiddling my thumbs waiting for systems to get my new fancy monitor in and everything hooked up. The move was HUGE and it's no fault to the movers or systems. We just could have used more time and resources for it all. 4:00 now, and I think it's about time to start working... after this blog entry, that is. The computer is whirring a little. I think the movers knocked the fan out of whack a bit, but whatever. Check out this awesome view we've got now! They really know how to treat us well here! If I crank my head around the corner really far I can see a tree on the corner. And the loading trucks coming to deliver boxes to the mall next door all day long is a nice touch also. I think my buddy P-man summed it up best the other day when he said " if there were any other CG studios on the east coast, this would be grounds for quitting."

No comments: