Friday, January 12, 2007

goodbye sun, hello 12 hour days

What better way to start the official beginning of animation on a film then with a big move! The animation department is getting too big for it's britches and with the freelancers we're going to hire to finish the next film on time, there's definitely not enough space on the 17th floor for all of us. so we're moving to the lower level of our building where it'll be easier to carve out new cubicles from the bedrock foundation. Get yer' pick axe and mining cap, we're goin' diggin fer' space!

Of course, there is a bit of grumbling from some of the animators. We're losing our sunlight and fanciness of being on the "main" floor. But my feeling is that you just need to take more of a glass-is-half-full approach to it all. Animation is going to be so busy working this year that we wouldn't have a chance to look out the windows even if we wanted to! And we're going to be so much closer to our cars that it'll cut at least 30 seconds off our commute times.

I've had it pretty good the past two years with a poshy window seat where if I squint REEEEeeeeealllly hard, I can make out parts of the Manhattan skyline off in the distance. But hey! I still have a window seat down on LL2 with a spectacular view of the parking building.


my old spectacular view of White Plains

No comments: