Wednesday, January 10, 2007

QWER

The character I'm in charge of is about to have it's second major release in to the animation department from rigging. Phase 2 we call it. Phase 1 had most of the body movers working fairly well and some simple eye controls, but this is the big daddy phase. Up until now, I've been blocking in simple test shots. Getting the general walk cycles, body expressions, and the like down. But this new rig will have the ability to really K.O. those finer emotions. (or at least I hope it will!) This one is where we really hone in on the little details and make this puppy animateable. It's also the last chance to get all the bugs out before we dive in to production. But, while I'm waiting for the rig to be released, there's still a little more character testing that needs to be done. And so I go back to my keyboard and start working. Aaah. it makes me want to sing!

Oh, you sweet four keys!

W, how sweetly you make my every wish come true on the camera view. You nearly intuitively move in any direction. Up, down, left, right. Anywhere I please, you take me.

E, what makes you so sweet? As the curves of each mover bob and sway in the wind. What's that you say? Straighten that elbow joint? No problem!

R..... RRRRrrrrrrr....... Make it big, make it small. If only you were in my world R, storing all those Christmas decorations in the closet would be so much easier!

And of course, Q. Simple, elegant Q. Nothing ever seems to bother you. In a blink of an eye, all is back to unmoving normality.

O, beautiful QWER.

No comments: