I just realized as I was sitting here in my cubicle, staring at the screen inches from my face that I feel like I'm on one of those 14 hour flights half way around the world. I have a headache. The food at lunch was terrible and my plastic fork broke trying to cut the chicken. There's a low hum coming from the HVAC system above my head, very reminiscent of the hum of the jet engines of a 747. It's even got that little jet of air blowing at my bald spot... Not cold, mind you, but lukewarm. Like when your grandma laughs in your face while pinching your cheek. The fabric covering the walls of my cube and the color palate.... Dang, if it's not spot on to Delta's decor from a few years back. There's even the constant chatter of peeps seated around me muffled by all the fabric, but still making its way through the music in my headphones. And I think someone just farted.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
like a long plane ride every day
I just realized as I was sitting here in my cubicle, staring at the screen inches from my face that I feel like I'm on one of those 14 hour flights half way around the world. I have a headache. The food at lunch was terrible and my plastic fork broke trying to cut the chicken. There's a low hum coming from the HVAC system above my head, very reminiscent of the hum of the jet engines of a 747. It's even got that little jet of air blowing at my bald spot... Not cold, mind you, but lukewarm. Like when your grandma laughs in your face while pinching your cheek. The fabric covering the walls of my cube and the color palate.... Dang, if it's not spot on to Delta's decor from a few years back. There's even the constant chatter of peeps seated around me muffled by all the fabric, but still making its way through the music in my headphones. And I think someone just farted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
bald spot?!
Was Mr. Chrucinski (??) right all those years ago about wearing a baseball cap all the time?
Post a Comment