Monday, May 14, 2007

phantastic phephect

Special thanks to the other half of pantasox for this one. My girl M sent me this today and I had to plop it up here. Especially after that last post on inspiration. NFB of Canada's new stop-mo film, Tutli-Putli Is looking beautiful. They've taken a beautifully creepy puppet and composited human eyes on it! It's true what they say. The eyes are the window to the soul, and you can really see it here. Eye animation like this would take some mad time and skill for an animator to pull this off in every shot... Of course, this is a tiny vid, and it's hard to tell with the quick cuts what it really looks like, but it's really looking promising. I have to admit tho, the creators were really hamming it up when it came to working on a stop-motion film.



movie poobies:
The Interpreter **- whatever thriller with whatever story and whatever acting.
Flightplan *** - Heh. It's kind of embarrassing giving this three stars, but there's something about Jodie Foster thrillers that just get me right here.
Divine Trash *** - Documenting the filth and fury of it all.
Idiocracy ** - I wanted to laugh, I really did. Maybe I didn't laugh because I have a brain.

No comments: