Tuesday, March 13, 2007

why do i even bother

What's the point, really?
No one reads this silly blog. I don't even tell people about it. And when I do reluctantly tell a friend about my blog I say " oh, it's not very good so don't bother checking it out". Nothing much ever happens at work here. I have to blog about stupid pathetic things like our mouse problem in the studio. I'm not even much of an animator. And I live in Brooklyn. It's not even Manhattan, so should I really be calling this blog 'animator in the city"?
It should probably be re-named 'grumpy, fat, dull scuttlebutt sits at his computer and procrastinates the day away watching crappy movies and crappier half-finished animations flicker by'. Yeah, that's a better title. Maybe I'll change it tomorrow. But I'm probably too lazy to do even that.
At the moment I'm waiting for my computer to render the images of my shot to show the directors. It should have been done last night, but I think my screen saver accidentally came on and killed the render after I went home. Most likely it won't finish rendering in time to show, and I'll be another day late... ungh.
The production manager scheduled a meeting to meet with me tomorrow. I don't know what it's for. She's either going to scold me for taking too many sick days and fire me, or I'll give me a promotion. Honestly, I'm not really sure which one it'll be. We'll just have to wait and see.

flics:
Gosford Park **** - charming and most delightful Altman delicacy.
Seven up/ 7 Plus Seven *** - Interesting Documentary series following a group of brit's every 7 years of their lives.

A Dirty Shame **** - The closest John Waters has gotten to the raunchy shock flics of his youth.
Thumbsucker *** - Indie teen drama
Swimming with Sharks *** - kind of over done storyline... well, really overdone.
House of Sand and Fog *** - Nicely done, but same old...
The Rock *** - The one that really started it for Michael Bay. Pumpin' fun.
Last Days ** - Van Sant's done much better. Self indulgent student filmish.

2 comments:

ayakoturbo said...

Come on!! What's this negative energy! I know 2 people who read, so there, keep going. And you probably should comment on comments once in a while to spice things up.

royce said...

Yeah, you're right. I've actually got a lot of comments now that I proclaimed that no one reads my blog. So ok, there are some of you out there that do. And ok. I'll spice it up by replying to comments to. ok. that's it.