Tuesday, March 27, 2007

kay dudes

I've been getting a lot of comments about my comments as of late. Apparently some of you out there think I'm being awfully down and depressing-like. It's true, I've been going through a bit of a hard time as of late with work and all. But it's more than just that. Yesterday I found myself at home for most the day (due to reasons beyond my control) and instead of being totally proactive and doing constructive things like working on an animation idea or installing bedroom windows, I found myself curled up on the couch watching mythbusters. As I was lying there watching Adam and Jamie attempt to fling a dummy catapult style from an extended arm crane, I started to wonder where my drive is.

My bro just sent me an e-mail all gushy about seeing my name up on IMDB.com. It's sort of like the yellow pages of the movie biz. Only there are no phone numbers. It recently struck me that my childhood goal of seeing my name scroll by on the credits after a movie has been reached... Going on for a third time right now. And now that the dream is fulfilled, what next?

The questions and images that used to drive me only seem like little flutterings now a days. No longer do I wish to be a great character animator... what do I want? I dunno, maybe I should just walk out the door, put on some hiking shoes and don't turn back until I know... But obviously, that's crazy talk.

pointless visuals:
Mary Antoinette***-I applaud the concept, visuals, and effort. But the film runs flat when it comes to drama and plot.
The Illusionist***- Watch that other magician movie from 2006 instead. Unless you want romance. Then watch this one. Aw, heck. watch em' both.
Casino Royale****-Kick ass bond with a touch of class. Shaken, Stirred, and all f**ked up!
Deliverance****-An oldie but goodie. Fear hath never been more apparent to the wilderness wanderer...
Anna and the King**- Boring and historically farcical.
How to Draw a Bunny***- Interesting subject matter, boring doc.
Ghost Dog: Way of the Warrior****-Jarmusch rocks out hip-hop japanosushi style in this ridiculously funny flic.
Planet Earth****-Just started watching this 11 part series on Disc. Channel and it's AMAZING.

No comments: