There are times in every artists career when you hit an block. Emotional, Psychological, Physical. Whatever it may be it's there. Like an impenetrable wall of steel, mortar, and brick.
My particular block had to do with the arc of a character I was working on. For some reason the conceptual realization of his metaphorical disassociation with the situation he had found himself in was not coming across in the film. It could have been the somewhat banal nature of his lifestyle, although I found it to be quite introspective... in a good way. It could also have been his austere yet demure posturing to his fellow companions. It took me some long pondering to realize that I had no idea where to go with this animation. That was, until I watched this video . It truly summed up all that I was looking for with his character in a few short seconds of beautiful storytelling.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's pure genius. I love it!
hehe...
Post a Comment