Monday, April 30, 2007

my foot has left the building

I woke up this morning and said to myself "It sure is a good day to be alive!" The sky was a little cloudy as I opened up the curtains. Mr. Sun peeked through a stratus cloud floating way above my window and said "Hello there! Have a pleasant day!" I smiled, politely said "Thank you Mr. Sun" and headed out the door to work. Traffic was smooth after I got over the Williamsburg bridge and I could see Mr. Sun starting to shoo the remaining little clouds out of the way, making the road nice and bright the rest of the way.

For the first hour at work, I moved with determination and vigor. Focused and clear in the blocking of my shot. It's got a long way to go, but it's coming along swimmingly. At 11pm I went in to the production manager's office and handed in my resignation. It's been near 5 years since I started here and at the end of May I will no longer be a feature animator. At least not on a day-to-day basis. It's been an amazingly intense experience and I've learned a lot about what I like to do, what I'm good and bad at, and where I feel I should be.

The future looks filled with new adventures and learning experiences and I'm ready to take it all in. So let's go check it out! But first, I need to finish this 500 frame shot...

No comments: